Our clients have realised an
OPEX reduction of up to 20% by using GROWFOAM®.
Safe, reliable & sustainable production in CEA.
Producer / Retailer Trends & Developments
Earlier in the value-chain, the outcome of our market research looks like this:
1. Climate changes impacts traditional production methods leading to inconsistent supply to retailers.
2. Availability of and interest for labour with manual work is declining rapidly and driving automation.
3. Retailers are demanding a transparent and short as possible supply chain to be able to track possible escalations.
4. There is a growing demand for ‘No Need To Wash’ products from retail and consumers.
To go short;
Producers and Retailers need a consistent, sustainable, scalable and transparent production at low costs.
CEA & Vertical Farming are booming.
As a logical consequence of the needs, demands and wishes of both consumers and retailers, producers are finding the best solution to meet them.
- CEA & Vertical Farming are ideal solutions for sustainable, local and transparent production.
- The Vertical Farming market is set to grow from $2.9 billion to $7.3 billion in 2025, whilst the CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) is a staggering 20%.
- Initial public offerings of Aerofarms and App Harvest (both $1.2 billion) and major funding of Plenty ($500 million) and Bowery ($300 million) show the appreciation for and prospects of CEA.
But all this prosperity is at risk if we look at Operating Expenditures. A consistent quality product, automation, pathogens & substrate in the growing system, maintenance costs and disposal of substrates are just some of the challenges a grower has to face.
Reducing OPEX is
the biggest challenge to date for CEA.
So, what can GROWFOAM®
do to reduce OPEX?
Substrate is key in reducing your OPEX
How GROWFOAM® helps reducing your OPEX
• Lower cost due to green composting of plugs.
• Stable micro bio-environment of water leading leading to fewer production losses.
• Less logistical risk due to consistent supply and storability
• More effective automation possibilities.
• Lower maintenance cost of growing hardware.
Choosing the right substrate is the easiest and fastest way to reduce your OPEX.
30 gram plant weight @DAS 28 (excl. plug) leading to 50kg per m2 per year.
Reasons to choose GROWFOAM® if you want a sustainable and future-proof growing solution
- GROWFOAM® is TUV Industrial Composting Certified. Home Composting & Soil Degradation pending.
- GROWFOAM® is completely converted into H2O & CO2 by fungi & bacteria.
- No microplastics, no PFAS.
- Neutral carbon footprint.
- No peat.
How we can help you
with your sustainable, consistent & scalable production, while lowering your OPEX.
1. Understand your system and way of working (now and in the future).
2. Create awareness of differences in growing with GROWFOAM® to enable trials.
3. Implementation within your company.
Optional: Position your products grown with GROWFOAM®, e.g. retail communications.
More info? Download our GROWFOAM® in CEA brochure here.